Fusion 360TM is a cloud-based 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE platform for product development. It combines industrial and mechanical design, simulation, collaboration, and machining in a single package. The tools in Fusion 360 enable fast and easy exploration of design ideas with an integrated concept-to-production toolset. Fusion 360 is natively written for both Mac and PC, allowing you to use your preferred OS or both at no additional cost.
Autodesk is continuing to focus on solving three strategic problems…
Integrated: Explore and iterate on product ideas quickly from concept to production
Explore designs faster
Integrated form, function and fabrication experience with no loss of digital data from concept to production
Democratize design and manufacturing
Connected: Enable project teams and stakeholders to collaborate effectively in the product development process
Assemble and manage virtual project teams without overhead
Easily manage, access and share data from anywhere, anytime
Accessible: Reduce the barrier to entry for a new generation of designers and engineers
Reduce cognitive overload and learning curve
Support for any device
The significant improvements in ongoing updates include:
There is the new, easier to use A360 Web UI for managing data. This makes it easier than ever to stay connected.
In September, we added the first of the strength testing and validation tools to simulate the performance of your designs. This completely integrated experience makes Simulation another workspace in your toolbox. (Integrated)
We continue to work on stability, performance and usability
What will be coming.
Some of these will be delivered in the coming weeks and months, some will take a little longer, but they are well under way. This is not a comprehensive list, just highlights we know many are keen to see and hear more about.
Design and Modeling
- Clean up and repair triangle mesh data with a new Mesh Modeling Workspace
- Design straight break Sheetmetal and document the flat pattern
- Productivity and Performance
- Avoid unwanted changes in your form’s shape by Freezing T-Splines faces so they do not change
- Measure improvements to display of results and snapping
- Mirror components to easily create left and right hand parts.
- Deep update to make it easier to update distributed designs
- A continual focus on drawings to round out the tool necessary to create fabrication drawings this includes but is not limited to :
- Text Formatting
- Annotation types like surface texture and weld symbols
- Finer level of control on annotation formatting
- Additional view types and display of threads
- Spline leaders and title block visibility controls for Patent Drawings
- Multiple Sheets
- Cloud SIM preview allowing you to use grid computing to solve multiple studies in parallel without tying up your local client.
- New validation types to ensure your product’s function correctly under thermal conditions. This includes thermal studies and mixed thermal+stress
- Local Background rendering
- Improved access to cloud rendering tools
- Sync of favorite materials across machines
Data Management / Collaboration
- Branching and Merge allowing teams to significantly expand their ability to design and iterate and easily manage the design data.
- Improved Upload experience
- Enhanced comment workflows across web/mobile/desktop client making it easier to capture issued and document design decisions
- Share Enhancements that provide the ability to Pin Version and expire a share link. This makes it easier to share with confidence the right data with external collaborators.
- User Permissions improvements on items and folders
New ECAD Integration
- IDF Import enables you to integrate ECAD data into your projects and reference into your designs.
- Electrical parts substitution on IDF import allows simplified IDF data to be represented in much higher detail using 3D parts
- Probing improves
- Tool library enhancements
Please remember this only a sampling of interesting projects.
Contact Us if you have any questions.