Applied Engineering’s talent, technology, and adaptability will help you conquer your analysis challenges.
- Structural Analysis – Our FEA team specializes in structural analysis of mechanical systems, including complex non-linear materials and effects.
- Fluid Dynamics – Our CFD experts will help you analyze complex fluid flows to optimize product behavior before manufacturing.
- Failure Analysis – Have a problem in the field? Our analysis team can look at the failure, analyze it and recommend corrective actions.
- Your Application – Our Applied analysts will take the time to understand your company and the application thoroughly, ensuring services meet your expectations.
- Tools – We know how to get the most out of today’s most technologically advanced software.
- Industry – We are more than just data crunchers. Our analysts have real-world experience correlating analysis results to physical tests, ensuring reliable results you can trust.
Improve Your Business
- Reduce Time To Market – Digital simulation helps you reduce physical prototyping and testing, allowing you to beat your competitors to
- Improve Quality – Warranty repairs are costly and negatively affect your Our analysis services can help reduce or eliminate these failures.
- Reduce Product Cost – Applied can help you improve your products by eliminating unnecessary material, fasteners and complexity.
Analysis Case Study: Amber Waves
Our customer, Amber Waves, produces a variety of agriculture-related products, including large bin storage hoppers. These bins are built to hold grain or other ‘flowable’ material with extra heavy steel that is made-to-order and made-to-last. The combination of welded steel and aeration prevent contamination of the stored material.
Amber Waves wanted to reduce costly field service repairs and evaluate structural stability because the bin’s capacity can exceed 500,000 pounds. Their primary concern was the design. Specifically, where the side walls met with the bottom cone and connected to the rest of the structure. Physical prototypes were too costly because of the short-run nature of each project and the size of each bin.
Applied Engineering went to work and gathered the information to create the digital prototype specifications, storage crop data, and grain loads.
Applied’s experienced engineering staff used advanced 3D design and finite element analysis (FEA) software to analyze the proposed design. Static structural analysis was used to verify and optimize the strength of the design to ensure field performance and minimize repairs.
As a result, creation of a digital prototype was less than 10% of the cost to build a physical prototype. Applied gave Amber Waves the assurance that the new design would withstand the unique crop loading conditions in the field as a significant cost reduction.
Applied Engineering is the only firm with the talent and technology to fit your project, your process, and your culture. Contact us to learn more!
Employee Spotlight: Joe Gryte
Meet Joe Gryte, Operations Director of Applied’s Professional Services team. Joe is based out of Brooklyn Park, MN and has been with Applied for 24 years.
Watch the video below to learn more about Joe!