Over the past 12 years, Applied Engineering has been recognized for many local and state awards. These awards are a testament to our dedication to creating a work environment that fosters communication and growth. Our awards are as follows:
- Prairie Business 50 Best Places to Work
- Bismarck-Mandan Top 10 Young Professional Workplaces
- North Dakota Young Professional Best Place to Work and Intern
Click here to learn more.
Looking Forward to 2021: The Future of Making
The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.
Watch the video below to see a preview of the Future of Making.
Looking to improve your skills in Autodesk software? Applied Engineering offers live Autodesk training when, where, and however you need.
Autodesk Inventor Intro to Solid Modeling
December 14th – 17th, 2020 @ 8:30am – 4:30pm Central Time
The Autodesk® Inventor® Introduction to Solid Modeling training course provides you with an understanding of the parametric design philosophy through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum. You will learn the key skills and knowledge needed to design models using Autodesk Inventor, starting with conceptual sketching, through to solid modeling, assembly design, and drawing production.
- Understanding the Autodesk® Inventor® software interface
- Creating, constraining, and dimensioning 2D sketches
- Creating and editing the solid base 3D feature from a sketch
- Creating and editing secondary solid features that are sketched and placed
- Creating equations and working with parameters
- Manipulating the display of the model
- Resolving feature failures
- Duplicating geometry in the model
- Placing and constraining/connecting parts in assemblies
- Manipulating the display of components in an assembly
- Duplicating components in an assembly
- Obtaining model measurements and property information
- Creating Presentation files (Exploded views and Animations)
- Modifying and analyzing the components in an assembly
- Simulating motion in an assembly
- Creating parts and features in assemblies
- Creating and editing an assembly Bill of Materials
- Working with projects
- Creating and annotating drawings and views
- Customizing the Autodesk Inventor environment
Click here to view our full training calendar.
Looking to take your project to the next level but aren’t sure where to start? Applied makes it easy.
When we say “Why Applied,” we don’t see this as a question. It’s a statement that we stand proudly behind. We are the only firm with the talent and technology to fit your project, your process and your culture.
So, whether you need engineering solutions for your company, are looking for software training, or need printing and scanning solutions, we’ll show you just why Applied Engineering is the right fit for you.
AutoCAD Webinar Series
Autodesk is broadcasting a new webinar series throughout December and January. Every subscription to AutoCAD includes access to seven industry-specific toolsets. This progressive webinar series will dive deep into various toolsets:
December 16th, 2020 @ 10:00am Central Time
Learn about the advantages of using the electrical toolset:
- Comprehensive symbol libraries
- Automatic wire numbering and tagging, with automatic error checking
- Electrical-specific drafting features
- Automatic PLC/IO drawing creation from spreadsheets
- Tracking electrical drawing changes
- Project drawing re-use
January 21st, 2020 @ 10:00am Central Time
- Gain insight into the benefits of the mechanical toolset including:
- Detailing and optimization of designs
- Calculating forces in a mechanism
- Creating views of a mechanical design
- Adding standard screws and holes
- Inserting balloons and parts lists (BOM)
Upcoming Applied Webinars
Product Data Management Best Practices
Thursday, December 10th, 2020 @ 11:00 AM Central Time
Autodesk Vault is a Product Data Management software that allows you to collaborate with everyone on your team, reuse designs, and reduce disruptions.
This webinar will cover how to:
- Free Up Capacity
- Encourage Collaboration
- Minimize Design Change Requests