AutoCAD® Mechanical software is AutoCAD® software for manufacturing, purpose-built to accelerate the mechanical design process. It includes all the functionality of AutoCAD, plus a comprehensive set of tools for automating mechanical engineering tasks, such as generating machine components, dimensioning, and creating bills of material. AutoCAD Mechanical provides a library of more than 700,000 standard parts, supports multiple international design standards, and helps users detail and document designs created in Autodesk® Inventor® software. AutoCAD Mechanical offers engineers a competitive edge by helping them save hours of effort, so they can spend time innovating rather than drafting.
AutoCAD Mechanical Features
- With comprehensive mechanical engineering libraries of standards-based parts and tools for automating common CAD design tasks, AutoCAD Mechanical offers significant productivity gains over basic AutoCAD software.
- AutoCAD Mechanical provides support for multiple international standards, including ANSI, BSI, CSN, GB, and GOST, so mechanical engineers and drafters can more easily create standards-based designs that meet global marketplace requirements.
- Tightly integrated with Autodesk data management applications, AutoCAD Mechanical can enable workgroups to securely store, organize, and manage valuable design data and help provide accurate reports to downstream users. The software automatically updates the bill of materials (BOM) and tracks all changes.
- AutoCAD Mechanical natively reads and writes authentic DWG™ files, one of the world’s most commonly used design data formats. This capability maintains file intelligence and facilitates the exchange of data with customers and suppliers.
- AutoCAD Mechanical enables mechanical engineers and drafters to more accurately document digital prototypes created in Autodesk® Inventor® software, helping them to communicate insights from the design.
Why Buy AutoCAD Mechanical?
Discover the wide range of features that automate many common design tasks, saving you hours of design time. See why so many AutoCAD® users are switching to AutoCAD® Mechanical™:
- Reduce Complex or Repetitive Tasks
- Reduce Errors in Design
- Increase Drafting Productivity
- Communicate & Manage Design Data
Schedule an AutoCAD® Mechanical Demonstration
If you’re interested in viewing a software demonstration of AutoCAD® Mechanical, please contact our sales team. Applied Engineering is happy to schedule a face-to-face or web demonstration at a time that is convenient for you.
Purchasing AutoCAD® Mechanical
Contact us if you’re interested in purchasing AutoCAD® Mechanical. An Applied Engineering technology sales consultant can normally have a quote to you within hours. Applied Engineering is authorized to sell Autodesk products throughout the United States and has offices in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.