This training course takes place on October 5th – 6th, 2021.
Call Applied Engineering at 701-281-1884 with any questions.
The Autodesk® Inventor® Sheet Metal Design training course introduces the concepts and techniques of sheet metal modeling with the Autodesk Inventor software.
The structure of the training guide follows the typical stages of using the Autodesk Inventor software. That is, to create and edit sheet metal parts, generate flat patterns, and document the designs in drawings.
- Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal interface
- Sheet metal design process
- Creating base Faces, Contour Flanges, and Contour Rolls
- Creating secondary Faces, Contour Flanges, and Contour Rolls
- Sheet metal parameters
- Creating Flanges
- Creating Hems, Folds, and Bends
- Corner Rounds and Chamfers
- Sheet Metal Cuts (Holes, Cuts, and Punch Features)
- Corner Seams (Seams and Miters)
- Generating Flat Patterns
- Lofted Flanges
- Unfolding and Refolding
- Multi-Body Sheet Metal Modeling
- Documentation and Annotation of drawings
- Converting solid models to sheet metal models
- Sheet Metal Styles
- Prior knowledge of 3D solid part modeling using the Autodesk® Inventor® software.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.
- A background in designing and drafting 3D parts is recommended.
- Knowledge of sheet metal processing is an asset, but not required.