This training course takes place on February 13th and 14th.
Call Applied Engineering at 701-281-1884 with any questions.
The Autodesk® Inventor® iLogic training course teaches students to use the iLogic functionality that exists in Autodesk® Inventor®software. In this practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to use iLogic to automate Autodesk Inventor designs.
In this training guide, students learn how iLogic functionality furthers the use of parameters in a model by adding an additional layer of intelligence. By setting criteria in the form of established rules they learn how to capture design intent, enabling them to automate the design workflow to meet various design scenarios in part, assembly, and drawing files.
- iLogic functionality overview.
- iLogic workflow overview.
- Review of model and user-defined parameters, and equations and their importance in iLogic.
- Understanding the iLogic interface components (iLogic Panel, Edit Rule dialog box, and iLogic Browser).
- Rule creation workflow for Autodesk Inventor parts and assemblies.
- Using variations of conditional statements in an iLogic rule.
- Accessing and incorporating the various function types into an iLogic part, assembly, or drawing file rule.
- Event Triggers and iTriggers.
- Creating Forms to create a custom user interface for an iLogic rule.
The class assumes a mastery of Autodesk Inventor basics as taught in Autodesk Inventor Introduction to Solid Modeling. The Autodesk Inventor Advanced Part and Assembly Modeling training guides are also highly recommended. No programming knowledge is required to use the basic iLogic functions; however, programming experience can be an asset when using the advanced functions.