Applied Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Intern in Fargo, ND. We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual to gain relevant experience in marketing while working with a dynamic team. Under the guidance of the Sales team, the Marketing Intern will focus on assisting with our marketing campaigns for Engineering and IT professional services and engineering and manufacturing software. This will include identifying key prospects, calling/e-mailing inbound leads, researching and disseminating qualified prospects to the sales team, and executing the marketing strategy.
The ideal intern will be enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. The Marketing Intern position will be approximately 15-30 hours per week with schedule and duration to be determined based on factors such as the candidate’s availability and the needs of the department, typically a minimum of 6 months. Applied can be flexible with scheduling and will work around school schedules.
Marketing Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing new business opportunities
- Assist in developing and executing a cold calling strategy to prospect targets
- Target prospective clients via phone and email
- Disseminate qualified prospects to the sales team
- Assist with planning the marketing focus, executing the marketing strategy, and documenting results
- Assist with maintaining records of all interactions with qualified prospects including data entry into our CRM system
- Provide general administrative support to the sales team as needed
Marketing Intern Qualifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field; or pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical-related field such as Engineering or IT with an interest in sales and marketing
- Passion for sales and marketing
- 1+ years of Sales/Customer Service experience; Inside Sales experience preferred
- Experience utilizing social media in a business setting preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate information about the company in a positive manner to prospective clients
- Ability to build strong, influential relationships, maintain confidentiality, and exhibit professional composure
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team to achieve shared goals
- Proficiency with technology including e-mail, Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Experience with using a CRM system (Maximizer, SalesForce, etc.) preferred
Applied Engineering, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including the Best Place to Work award and the Top Place to Intern award from the ND Young Professionals Network, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. Please consider joining Applied’s team of talented employees!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorships.
Applied Engineering, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!