Applied Engineering, Inc. is looking for talented individuals for a Software Engineer role in Fargo, ND or Grand Forks, ND. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of customers to understand their business needs and make recommendations for the development of effective software solutions. You will be responsible for the analysis and development (designing, coding, and testing) of software, as well as documenting systems.
The ideal candidate will be a Software Engineer who loves solving complex problems through the methodical process of troubleshooting and innovative design. Here, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of passionate, innovative Software Engineers who are focused on creating cutting edge solutions within a variety of industries. Learn and develop new skills while doing what you love!
If you have the talent and the desire to work on a variety of consulting projects while serving our customer seamlessly, see how you fit at Applied!
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work with project stakeholders to define and analyze software requirements
- Evaluate suitability of software for hardware platform
- Develop (design, code, test) custom innovative software solutions
- Develop software testing procedures, document test results
- Work on a variety of projects that utilize different technologies
- Create multiple levels of documentation for software architecture
- Work closely with the customer to effectively communicate project status
- Follow issues through to resolution completion
- Provide recommendations for customers based on an understanding of their business needs
Software Engineer Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with electronic hardware
- 3+ years of software development or programming experience
- Experience with the following: MATLAB/Simulink, using source code repositories in a multiple developer environment
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
Applied Engineering is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology consulting company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including Best Place to Work awards and Top Place to Intern awards, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. We offer a career trajectory that few other companies can offer, including the ability to take on roles and projects aligned with your skills, your interests, and your passions. In addition, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary; 401K retirement plan; paid time off; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance options; plus a flexible work schedule.
Please consider joining Applied’s team of talented engineers!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorship.
Applied Engineering is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!