Applied Engineering, Inc. is accepting applications for a part time Benefits Assistant in Fargo, ND. The Benefits Assistant is responsible for a combination of administrative and accounting functions within Applied Engineering, Inc. which includes benefit enrollment tracking and documentation, processing data, and reviewing benefit information. This includes gathering all required documentation from employees, submitting enrollment forms to the proper vendor as required, recording premium cost and employee information, and providing support to the accounting department as needed.
If you have the talent and the desire to support both customers and internal departments, see how you fit at Applied!
Benefits Assistant Responsibilities:
- Process benefit enrollment paperwork for new hires, as well as benefit change paperwork for existing employees
- Maintain a close relationship with benefit and account representatives from benefit providers
- Sending out appropriate documents to employees based on enrollment including summary plan descriptions, certificates of insurance, and insurance cards
- Manage the COBRA process for terminated employees which includes preparing COBRA paperwork, notifying each respective insurance company of the termination, providing them with the correct effective date to terminate employee benefits, re-enrolling the terminated employee if COBRA benefits are elected and tracking timely COBRA payments
- Track benefit enrollment and provide Payroll with benefit premium deduction information for all employee benefits
- Utilize online portal for creating employee accounts/enrolling employees in addition to submitting information for specific vendors
- Maintain a detailed spreadsheet documenting new employees, employee changes, and effective dates for benefits
- Answer incoming customer calls and direct call to the appropriate contact
Benefits Assistant Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, or related degree
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Excellent computer skills including: Word processing, spreadsheets, accounting software, email
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn more about computer and networking products
- Ability to work independently/self-directed and as a member of a team
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
Applied Engineering, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology consulting company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including Best Place to Work awards and Top Place to Intern awards, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. We offer a career trajectory that few other companies can offer, including the ability to take on roles and projects aligned with your skills, your interests, and your passions. In addition, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary; 401K retirement plan; paid time off; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance options; plus a flexible work schedule.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorships.
Applied Engineering, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!