Applied Engineering, Inc. is accepting applications for an Electrical Engineer in Brookings, SD. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for PCB schematics and layout, component evaluation, datasheets, and circuit testing, and will utilize experience with VHDL and/or other hardware/firmware/software development. In this role, you will have the chance to work with a team of passionate, innovative engineers who are focused on designing, analyzing, writing, and testing software solutions. We offer an exciting technology career where you can work in a collaborative team environment, solve complex and interesting problems, and learn and develop new skills through a variety of engineering projects.
If you have the talent and the desire to work on a variety of consulting projects while serving our customers seamlessly, see how you fit at Applied!
Electrical Engineer Job Duties:
- Design, implement, and test software features to support new and existing products
- Perform analysis, design, writing and testing of electronic controls, displays, and communications applications
- Conduct integration of software and hardware, test systems, and optimizing product performance
- Programming embedded microcontrollers utilizing C, C++
- Design of PCB schematics and layout
- Conduct component evaluation and circuit testing
- Work with customer to understand business needs and make recommendations for the development of effective software engineering solutions
Electrical Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- 3+ years of C or C++ level programming experience in an embedded microcontroller environment
- Experience with VHDL and/or other hardware/firmware/software development
- Experience with simulation and modeling tools (e.g. Labview, MATLAB, Simulink) for software development
- Experience with development and debugging tools (e.g. source level debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.) to perform development and troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently/self-directed and as a member of a team; a technical leader who thrives on solving problems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, effective communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
We pride ourselves in our ability to fit our customers’ project, process, and culture. If you have the talent and the motivation to work on a variety of projects and serve our customers seamlessly in a variety of roles, see how you fit at Applied!
Applied Engineering is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including Best Place to Work awards and Top Place to Intern awards, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. We offer a career trajectory that few other companies can offer, including the ability to take on roles and projects aligned with your skills, your interests, and your passions. In addition, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary; 401K retirement plan; paid time off; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance options; plus a flexible work schedule.
Please consider joining Applied’s team of talented employees!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorship.
Applied Engineering is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!