Applied Engineering, Inc. is accepting applications for a talented Technical Writer in Fargo, ND. The Technical Writer role is responsible for conducting Bill of Material (BOM) markups for new/revised parts and building multi-level BOM for entire products, attending change review meetings to understand changes and update Bill of Material structure, creating Engineering Change Orders, presenting weekly project status to customers and releasing status to the product group, and proactively searching for gaps and potential process improvement changes.
In this role, you will have the chance to work with a team of passionate, innovative engineers who are focused on solving a wide variety of engineering challenges in a product development environment or manufacturing environment. We offer an exciting career where you can work in a collaborative team environment, solve complex and interesting problems, and learn and develop new skills.
Technical Writer Qualifications:
- 1+ years of Technical Writing experience
- Experience with Creo 2.0/3.0 CAD package
- Experience in Teamcenter preferred
- Knowledge in large assemblies, Bill of Material handling, and various lifecycles of the part
- Knowledge in multilevel BOM’s and relationships
- Ability to understand the vehicle BOM structure, design intent, engineering drawings, and product representation structure to determine the effected variants/models
- Ability to work independently/self-directed and as a member of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and integrity
- Desire to work on a variety of projects
Applied Engineering is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology consulting company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including Best Place to Work awards and Top Place to Intern awards, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. We offer a career trajectory that few other companies can offer, including the ability to take on roles and projects aligned with your skills, your interests, and your passions. In addition, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary; 401K retirement plan; paid time off; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance options; plus a flexible work schedule.
Please consider joining Applied’s team of talented engineers!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorship.
Applied Engineering is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!