Applied Engineering Technology, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant in Brooklyn Park, MN. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing general administrative, HR and various clerical support for the company and the Brooklyn Park Applied office. We are seeking a self-starter who possesses strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and is flexible to changing circumstances and comfortable working in a customer-oriented business. At Applied, we offer an exciting career where you can work in a professional team environment with the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge.
If you have the talent and the desire to support both customers and internal departments, see how you fit at Applied!
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Administrative Duties:
- Answering incoming phone calls and greeting customers
- Updating the intranet site including the employee directory
- Managing the shipping and receiving process
- Maintaining office/break room supplies
- Reviewing and assisting employees with internal documents/processes
- Maintaining petty cash for the Brooklyn Park office
- Coordinating and planning office events
- Maintaining the professional appearance of the office building
- Supporting all business conducted in the Brooklyn Park office as needed
- HR Duties:
- Assisting with the recruiting/hiring process for engineers, IT professionals, technical sales consultants, and other positions. This may include, but is not limited to: creating/modifying job descriptions, placing advertisements, processing and screening applications/resumes, updating the candidate database, communication with job candidates, conducting pre-screen interviews, scheduling phone and in-person interviews, conducting employment verifications, participating in career fairs and events, and communicating with Applied teams in regard to hiring needs, candidates, and new hires.
- Enhancing business objectives through utilizing social media.
- Assisting with research, updates, and revisions for personnel policies, procedures, and forms.
- Assisting HR team with processes and programs which may include, but are not limited to; employee referral program, risk management program, performance review program, and others.
- Supporting a variety of Applied team members, which may include:
- Coordinating orientation for new employees and collecting new hire paperwork
- Assisting with new hire training on departmental software and processes
- Organizing new hire workspace and essentials
- Managing information and scheduling for key team individuals
- Creating, maintaining, and updating various spreadsheets and reports
- Managing surveys for customer and other feedback
- Supporting the sales and quoting software such as updating product and customer databases
- Assisting with general sales and marketing activities
- Other duties as assigned
Administrative Assistant Qualifications:
- 1 year working as an Office Coordinator, Administrative Assistant, HR Assistant, Office Manager, or Receptionist
- Education, certifications, or courses taken related to business administration preferred
- Experience with creating and maintaining reports preferred.
- Experience utilizing social media in a business setting preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate information about the company, job opportunities, and benefits in a positive manner to candidates is required. Ability to communicate professionally with all callers and guests, including customers is required.
- Attention to detail, professional composure, strong organizational skills, and confidentiality required for this position.
- Computer literacy including e-mail, Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications required. Experience with applicant tracking software, HRIS database, and/or CRM software preferred.
Applied Engineering, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology consulting company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including Best Place to Work awards and Top Place to Intern awards, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. We offer a career trajectory that few other companies can offer, including the ability to take on roles and projects aligned with your skills, your interests, and your passions. In addition, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary; 401K retirement plan; paid time off; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance options; plus a flexible work schedule.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorships.
Applied Engineering, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!