Applied Engineering, Inc. is accepting application for a Prototype Technician in Fargo, ND. The Prototype Technician is responsible for supporting the prototyping process through manufacturing of prototype components, procurement/inventory management of components, assembly, rework/repair, equipment maintenance, quality verification, and documentation of machine history. In addition, the Prototype Technician will be responsible for providing prototype feedback to the design and manufacturing teams and general facility maintenance/upkeep.
If you have the talent and the desire to work on a variety of consulting projects while serving our customer seamlessly, see how you fit at Applied!
Prototype Technician Qualifications:
- Diagnose mechanical failures and conduct repairs/part installations on prototype and current production agriculture equipment by referencing engineering prints and models, engineering specifications, and work order instructions.
- Determine correct hand tools, power tools, and instruments to best complete mechanical tasks.
- Collaborate with design and test engineers on prototype vehicles to evaluate repairability and provide recommendations in component placement/layout to increase repair efficiency.
- Assist engineers in determining mechanical component or system failures of complex prototype vehicles.
- Test equipment after reassembly to ensure proper functionality, and perform any adjustments as necessary.
- Document work completed and techniques used in work order after project completion.
- Operate heavy equipment such as tractors, wheel loaders, forklifts, etc. for material handling purposes as well as test yard maintenance.
Applied Engineering is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology consulting company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including Best Place to Work awards and Top Place to Intern awards, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. We offer a career trajectory that few other companies can offer, including the ability to take on roles and projects aligned with your skills, your interests, and your passions. In addition, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary; 401K retirement plan; paid time off; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance options; plus a flexible work schedule.
Please consider joining Applied’s team of talented engineers!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorships.
Applied Engineering is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!