Applied Engineering, Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Recruiter/HR Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Recruiter/HR Coordinator is responsible for achieving staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates and for assisting the HR Director in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for the company.
- Manages the recruiting/hiring process for engineers, IT professionals, technical sales representatives, and other positions. This may include, but is not limited to, creating/modifying job descriptions, placing advertisements, processing and screening applications/resumes, managing the candidate database, establishing effective communication with job candidates, conducting prescreen interviews, scheduling phone and in-person interviews, conducting reference checks, scheduling and attending career fairs and events as necessary, presenting job offers, communicating with company directors in regard to new hires, and processing and maintaining hiring records.
- Conducts new employee orientations and onboarding.
- Participates in benefits administration, including enrollment and explanation of benefits.
- Processes employment changes such as wage changes, position changes, etc. and maintains employee records.
- Plays a key role in the employee referral program, risk management program, career development program, performance review program, and other employee programs.
- Assists with research, updates, and revisions for personnel policies, procedures, and forms.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts, including, but not limited to, scheduling training and maintaining training records.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources or related plus two years’ experience in the human resource field.
- Recruiting experience preferred, ideally in an engineering or technical field.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate information about the company, job opportunities, and benefits in a positive manner to job applicants is required.
- Prior knowledge of employment laws, principles and practices of human resources.
- Attention to detail, professional composure, and confidentiality required for this position.
- Computer literacy including e-mail, Internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Experience with application tracking software and/or an HRIS database preferred.
Applied Engineering is a 100% employee-owned engineering and technology consulting company that is dedicated to providing exceptional talent and technology with offices throughout the Midwest. We have won numerous awards, including Best Place to Work awards and Top Place to Intern awards, for our unique company culture that blends top talent, total technology, and absolute adaptability. We offer a career trajectory that few other companies can offer, including the ability to take on roles and projects aligned with your skills, your interests, and your passions. In addition, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a competitive salary; 401K retirement plan; paid time off; paid holidays; tuition reimbursement; medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance options; plus a flexible work schedule.
Please consider joining Applied’s team of talented engineers!
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We regret that we do not offer sponsorship.
Applied Engineering is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To submit your resume, go to http://www.go-applied.com/careers/job-openings/!